Here is a our sweetie passed out one morning in our bed. Just too cute.

She and her dollies set up shop waiting for me to get ready.

Nothing better than snow cones on a hot St. Louis summer day. It was like 105 ... seriously.

We went to another Cards game. Maddie is becoming a pro at it. She already had her list of food items ready. She was eyeing the cotton candy guy from two sections over. When he arrived I had the exact amount of cash (THANK GOODNESS!!). The cotton candy was as big as she was.

Waiting for the train home.

We went to a different Trader Joe's for the first time and wow ... they have kid sized shopping carts. Maddie wanted EVERYTHING in her cart. I would ask if it should go in my cart or hers and I just eventually stopped asking. She had so much fun ... and it is now our supermarket!

Just a pretty picture one morning on our way to school.

The first unit at school was the "All About Me" unit. I posted her homework on the last post but here is her self portrait. I love it so much. Too beautiful.

Maddie helped Daddy pick out some new shirts. She went with pink and purple. He put the pink back but got the purple.


I have always wanted to go paddle boating in Forest Park but have just never done it (it has only been 6 years!). One beautiful afternoon, we decided to go. It was so much fun! Maddie was so upset she could not reach the peddles. They were too far away for her and too close for Daddy. They were just right for Mommy ... great. My legs were so sore!


Daddy and I went out for the first date night in ... well a while. It was wonderful! We found a new place with a table outside and rushed over to grab it. I was mapping it out on my phone on the drive over. We found street parking. I asked Nick if he was sure he wanted to park next to a sewer opening. I then stood up and felt something fall out of my lap. "Was that my iPhone? Did it go in the sewer (I joked)." Oh ... well, it was and it did. Luckily we were in Clayton and they don't lock their man hole covers. Nick pulled it up and we saw my phone sitting at the bottom - there was no water. It was just sitting there. 6 feet away. I could not just leave it. Nick didn't think he could fit ... so I took off my cute shirt (had a camisole under, of course), decided to keep my heals on (did not want to go down there barefoot ... yuck!) and climbed down a 6 food hole to get my phone. It was a great start to a wonderful date night. We laughed about it all night ... and probably for the rest of our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment