It is finally June but is sure isn't warm yet!
Every year we go to the Star Light Parade with our friends. We hang out playing downtown and then watch the parade that night. Evelyn decided she wanted to wear her fur vest because Lisa would be wearing hers too (we made a guess! Haha!). Sure enough these two sassy blonds matched for the parade!
Evelyn is 4 but prefers to hang out with the 14 year olds. Seriously.
Ready to head home! We were tired!
I wanted a dress for the wedding in St. Louis so I took Evelyn shopping with me. She said "you should go with me because I know fancy dressed more than you." True. Poor kid kept pointing out dresses "how about his one? No - too sparkly. What about this one? No - not a good color for me (it was pink and she was so confused by my response). What about this dress? No - it is not quite right." This went on for about an hour. We walked into the last store and I said "Do you see anything that looks good?" and she seriously replied "I don't know what you want. All the dresses I picked are too fancy or not right. You pick the dress and I will just watch." Wow.
Field Day! Perfect weather! Woo hoo! She is a very serious hula hooper!
Bridging from Brownies to Girl Scouts!!
The big thing in June is the 3rd Grade Play. It has been going on for YEARS and is something the kids really look forward to. It is a play about the history of Portland and is quite a production. Costume changes, dancing, singing, acting ... it has it all! Here are all the girls dressed up and ready to go!
(top row - middle)
Maddy came home a few months ago saying she has a solo in the play! I was shocked because she says she has terrible stage fright. I was so excited for her! Here she is singing her song about a town called Vanport. You will hear the history before she sings. I learned a lot during the play! This video has her dress rehearsal as well as the day of the show.
I took this during the dress rehearsal. It is just a few other songs throughout the play as well as the dance number Maddy did. I missed taping it on the day of the show (she did an amazing job the day of the show!).
Way to go Maddy!!
Evelyn drew a family portrait. I would like to point out that we are all brown and she is yellow. Our little sunshine in a sea of brown I guess. Hahaha!
We were running out the door to catch the bus on the last day of school and I forgot to get a photo! When I went in I pulled her out of class for a quick picture! Oops!
I had a lot of fun teaching again this year. Here is my fabulous group of fifth graders!
Maddy and Mrs. Standish!
For Father's Day the girls got Daddy 3 different Guardians of the Galaxy Lego sets. They sat down together and built for hours!
Evelyn's first spelling quiz: 1. cut 2. dim 3 pot 4. jog 5. rip
Pretty good kid!
Last day of school! All pink!
Evelyn loved being in Ms. Monica's room this year!
Maddy and I decided we needed to get our toes done for the wedding.
She LOVES getting a pedicure!
So the night before we went to St. Louis for the wedding, Maxie decided to get deathly ill. After a million tests and different trips to different vets - it just ended up being a really bad stomach flu. I stayed home and sent the others to St. Louis. I had never been left at home alone before so I cleaned and organized like crazy! It was great - although I was sad to miss all the fun.
Here she is in her cone of shame (and an NG tube)
I told Max she had 24 hours to get better or else. So she listened. After 24 hours I went and picked her up and she got better and better. She was happy to go out to her spot on the deck and sunbathe.
Happy dog!
Here are some pictures from their adventures in St. Louis!
The first day they went to the zoo
Then to Lion's Choice of course
And they drove by our old house.
Then it was time for the for the rehearsal dinner
The first day they went to the zoo
Then to Lion's Choice of course
And they drove by our old house.
They had breakfast as princesses (of course)
Then it was time for the for the rehearsal dinner
They all went to the Magic House (children's museum) for a little fun. It feels like yesterday that I was taking little Maddy here!
Time for the wedding!!
Wild flower girls ...
Maddy welcomed everyone to the wedding! She looks exhausted!
I wonder why they didn't ask Evelyn to welcome people to the wedding.
Love these photos.
After St. Louis they all drove to Palmyra to celebrate Grandma and Grandpa B's 80th birthday! Evelyn made sure to tell me she got to eat cake before her dinner! hahaha! Sounds like my kind of party! :)
Evelyn's first pinata
Hanging with ZsaZsa
Then they headed out to Donna and Grandpa Mitchel's house for some fun in the pool.
It sounds like they had a wonderful trip together. I am sorry I missed it but I am glad that the girls had a special trip with Nick!
Maxie is on the mend. She spent most of her days just resting in the sun. She has started barking at the crows again so that is good. She should be up and running in no time.
The garden is growing!!
Lazy summer days
Making banana bread! Yum!


No comments:
Post a Comment