Then we looked out at the mountains for a little bit.
When we got to LA, I was changing Maddie in the bathroom and in walked Ali Larter and Amy Smart. They looked at Maddie and said how cute she was. Even celebrities think she is cute! Here are a couple of photos my mom took (trying to be sneaky) of us in line at Starbuck's in the airport. They are on the right side and Maddie and I are on the left.
We finally got on our flight to New Zealand and had our three seats ready to go. Then, a flight attendant came up to us and said that they were going to give us the bulk head because the baby in the bulk head was too big for the bassinet (he was about 2 years old!!!). This was great because we ended up with 4 seats and the bassinet for Maddie to sleep in!!
Maddie had a little tea with her breakfast.
We finally landed in New Zealand. Maddie fell asleep about 30 minutes before we landed and stayed asleep all through customs and passport security! Wow! Everyone was very impressed with her.
This is a Maori (the native people of New Zealand) carving welcoming us to the country. It looks a little scary, I know, but it is very New Zealand.
At about 7AM, we finally made it to Nana the Great's house. She was there waiting for us with lots of good food to eat.
Maddie crawled down Nana's hallway (a bunch of times!), like many a baby before her.
Then, about half an hour after we got home, there was a knock at the door. There was a Valentine's Day surprise for Maddie and me! Daddy sent us both flowers! What a good boy! So sweet! Maddie got beautiful wild flowers and a bear,
Later that day, Maddie had a bath in a washtub. She had a great time! She splashed around and was happy as can be. It is much nicer taking a bath when it is warm out.
(For some reason, it is taking FOREVER to load all of these photos and I can't load the video. I will try and work on this again tomorrow. This part of the blog has taken 2 hours!)
3 comments:
Such great photos! She already looks bigger too...have a fun trip! So neat that the celebs though Maddie was cute :) Oh, and Maddie is definitely ready for level 3 gymbo when you guys get back!
Your New Zealand family must be adoring your precious Maddie.
How great that the flight was so smooth. What a wonderful time you are having.
How adorable! I did not know they had bassinets on airplanes. I guess this is for long flights. I hope Link will be as good as a traveler as Maddie. Did the time change get to her at all?
Post a Comment