Maddie & Evelyn

Maddie & Evelyn

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Zealand ... Here We Come!

Hello all!

Maddie and I are headed to New Zealand today for 18 days. We will be visiting my family and friends. Last time we went (February 2009), Maddie was only 10 months old ... it was also summer time. This trip will be the middle of winter. Having lived in Saint Louis for the last 5 years, my perspective on winter have been ... changed would be the wrong word ... violently shaken? Yes, I think that is a better description. I was preparing to pack for WINTER and realized I was packing for "winter." I looked on line and noticed that the weather is a fridgid lows in the 40s and highs near 60. Yes. Highs near 60. Sadly, I now call that fall. :( I sure do miss "winter."

My family has not seen Maddie since February of '09, and the change they are going to see is amazing. It is unbelievable how much we change in just two years (really, even just one year).

Last time we went ...

she was still crawling ...

she fit in a small tub as a bath ...
she was only just pulling to stand ...

she had NO teeth ...

her hair was very short ...

... and, I have a sinking feeling, she was easier to travel with. :)

We have a 5 hour, nonstop flight to LA and then a 17 hour flight to Auckland. How my mom did this every year with THREE I do not know. Pretty amazing woman, if you ask me.
I will TRY to blog while I am there. My grandmother's house does not have internet, so I will try and get up to my aunt's house on a regular basis.
Lots of love to everyone and we will see you when we get back!

1 comment:

The Kemps said...

What a lucky girl - to get to go to NZ twice already in her lifetime when so many people never get to enjoy the beauty! Have a safe trip!!