Maddie & Evelyn

Maddie & Evelyn

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Mish Mash of Maddie

Lately, Maddie has not been wanting to go to sleep when we say it is bedtime. She gets out of bed and plays and reads and just does anything but sleep. The other night we heard her snoring over the monitor at about 8/8:30 (which was much better than most nights!). When we were ready to go to bed, I headed up to check her on, thinking I would find her in her chair or her bed and found this instead. It broke my heart. She is so silly.
The weekend was a little warmer. Daddy needed some quiet to sleep after a night and day on call so we took everyone for a walk. Mini was crying (or so I was told), so Maddie had to hold her. Maddie let me know that Mini felt better when Maddie held her in her coat.
Tom and Susan's friends gave Maddie some color bath tabs for New Years. We found them the other day and made a pink and purple bath (although it does look mostly blue in the picture it was actually a beautiful purple).
For Valentine's Day, my aunt Cristina sent Maddie an E-card. There were a couple of dogs and you had to move things around on the card to get the dogs to do things. Well ... Maddie got VERY good at it! I went online and found some toddler games for her to play, too. The one on the video plays animal sounds and then the child has to pick the animal that makes that sound. She is pretty good!





We went to DSW to see if we could find Nick some new shoes for work. Maddie and I went around looking at the girl shoes and then she looked up ... she said "PURSES! LOTS OF PURSES!" and ran over. Well ... she had a little fun ...

The best part of DSW are all the low mirrors just for Maddie. I caught her looking at herself in them several times.

Our poor peanut is sick. She has been running a fever for a couple of days. Most of the time she is in good spirits, but some times it really hits her and she just looks terrible. I set her up in the guest room with some Sesame Street in the morning. She and Mrs. Flat Lamb had a quiet day together. (Amy thinks she is faking it ... look at that face! ... doesn't look too sick to me!)

No comments: